We have been approached by our long standing client, on an exclusive basis, to assist them with the recruitment of a qualified, proven & commercial Head of HR for a small group of European subsidiaries that are part of a global, US-quoted business in the tech manufacturing & development space. The role has been created due to a permanent, international transfer of the incumbent and offers a fantastic opportunity. But there are some key non-negotiables in terms of experience and approach. These include:-
- Fully CIPD Qualified (Level 7)
- Experience within a manufacturing / processing environment with colleagues ranging from apprentices, semi-skilled workers to highly qualified engineers & scientists
- A People Professional who when they see the remit knows they can hit the ground running and add value
- Cross European, multi-site experience and also experience of US Groups and their style would be useful )North West based with some UK and European travel)
- Proven ability in growing and strengthening relationships - locally, at Group level and with external stake-holders (such as unions and workers committees)
- Develop and strengthen the People team and processes looking to improve and develop HR as a modern, best in class service
- Continue the drive of key projects around succession planning, engagement, retention and recruitment
It is a fantastic role with a fantastic business. The function and the teams are in a good place, but there is so much more that can be achieved. For the foreseeable future the role will be site based, in the North West with limited travel to sites in the UK and Europe, but these visits will be short and not onerous in terms of regularity.
It will require a depth of knowledge; a real feel for people; an inquisitive nature; an organised and pragmatic approach; a commitment to continuous improvement, a sense of humour and a personality.
There is too much to refer to here, so if the you read the points above and think "Yes, I can do that" apply for a confidential discussion.