Howarth Morris are excited to be exclusively recruiting for an award winning Manufacturing organisation based on the Wirral, Our successful client is a rapidly expanding c£25m t/o manufacturer proud to be the number one global market leader in its chosen field. In this newly created Assistant Accountant position you will report directly into the Financial Controller in an all-encompassing/ highly visible role with a remit including:
• Supporting the Group FC in the production and posting of the Month-end Accruals, prepayments, depreciation journals, account reconciliations
• Reconciling all control accounts at the end of each month as part of management accounts reporting
• Produce monthly balance sheet with reconciliations
• Support the Group FC to Maintain monthly Fixed Asset Register
• Complete weekly OPEX reports
• Oversee the banking transactions are correct in the system and reconciled daily/weekly/monthly.
• Daily cash reporting for the Group
• Produce 12-week Cashflow forecast in different currencies
• Assist with the budget process, completing overhead templates and comparing actual costs against budget
• Support the processing of Purchase Ledger /Sales Ledger invoices in line with month-end deadlines
• Chase debts when due working with supply chain
• Support the Group FC with the Monthly/Quarterly VAT returns to HMRC deadlines
• Identify improvements to be made within the day to day process in the finance function, utilising SAP and automating process through the systems development
• Work with colleagues and Managers to develop best practice procedure
- Use of SAP and Sage/Excel
Applicants will be Part Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA and may have previously worked in a similar profile role or Manufacturing environment. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a successful, developing (organically and through acquisition), well regarded Manufacturing business in a broad & fulfilling role within a friendly and supportive team. Benefits include Study Support and development, Company pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Early Friday Finishes and great prospects to take on more responsibility and progress as the company grows organically and through acquisition.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.