• Are you currently seeking an opportunity as a Financial Controller with an established but growing FMCG SME in the Manchester area?
• Are you a driven, entrepreneurial, engaging Accountant who wants to be fast paced and make a difference?
• Are you seeking a career defining opportunity that will allow you to progress and develop quickly with a view to assuming the Head of Finance title within a year, and building your own team?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to present to you. My client, a successful and growing specialist £5m t/o FMCG business, has approached Howarth Morris to assist in the recruitment of a Financial Controller. As the business continues its expansion, the Board are seeking to appoint a driven and energetic Financial Controller to own all aspects of finance. If you are truly full of energy and own the numbers, the expectation is that you will progress to Head of Finance and have recruited an Assistant before the year is out.
Based in modern offices in Manchester, and reporting directly to the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include:
• Production of management accounts including specific P&L's for various Stockists groups and individual accounts
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Maintenance of all Balance sheet accounts - fixed assets, stock, cash, loans
• Transactional finance - AR, AP, Credit Control
• Accounting for international transactions and FX differences
• Involvement in GP management and optimisation
• Stock valuation across two or three sites
• Working collaboratively with Purchasing and Stock stakeholders
Applications from candidates who are ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified as well as those who are Qualified by Experience' will be considered. However, the key is personality. Curious, driven, energetic and keen to make a mark and take on what needs to be done. That's the nature of a small, growing company. The client uses Xero and the successful candidate will also need to be comfortable with various online platforms - no experience specifically, but absolutely open to learning. The brand is professional, fun, and approachable - and the client would like to appoint a candidate who embraces that.
My client has pulled together a competitive base salary and benefits include bonus scheme, free parking, pension, and the option to work from home each week. But equally importantly, it presents an opportunity for swift progression to Head of Finance. Interested in being considered for this excellent opportunity? Apply without delay.