Howarth Morris are looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant to join a highly regarded, national business based in North Liverpool. This role is seen as a key hire and an integral part of the department, working in a small team of 3 and reporting to/deputising for the Head of Finance. You will assist the Head of Finance in providing an efficient and effective financial and administrative support, take responsibility for all transactional elements and daily management of the charitable trust.
- Assist in the preparation of management and budgetary information and financial reports and returns.
- Maintain and reconcile the finance management package. nominal and purchase ledgers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for the daily management of all charitable funds held in trust.
- Weekly payment run, perform checks to ensure correct funding source and nominal codes are used.
- Maintain the financial management system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain nominal records, carrying out reconciliations on the main codes.
- Ensure costs are attributed to correct nominal codes and are reviewed regularly.
- Manage the financial management database extracting and manipulating data through Excel or Access for reports and returns.
- Monitor expenditure from establishment, consolidated and travel grants and advise if budget managers are likely to over/underspend their allocation.
- Monitor requests for and receipt of funding to ensure adequate cash flow to meet business needs.
- Assist with the provision of periodic and year-end reports to external departments and agencies.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit and assist with the final year-end account and post opening balances.
- Produce end-of-month and end-of-year reports as directed.
- Carry out financial processes and audits for ad-hoc and special projects.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance in their absence.This may require some UK travel (London/North West).
- Must be qualified to at least AAT or working towards qualification.
- 5 years extensive Finance experience.
- Experience of Purchase Ledger Maintenance.
- Experience of managing charitable funds.
- Experience of Budget Monitoring.
- Experience of Auditing either public or non-public accounts.
- Ability to work under a tight deadline under pressure.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, (Word and Excel) with the ability to learn and use bespoke Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Self-Starter, highly organized and a team player with the ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Must be able to recognise the importance of accuracy and timeliness in the production of financial information.
The North Wests leading Financial & HR Recruitment Consultancy and dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD. Highly commended by CIMA (Recruitment Consultancy of the year 2010 - and Finalists in 2011) we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region