Our client is the undisputed UK leader in its field and through securing a number of new projects over the last 2 years turnover has grown to £100m through 2020 with further similar scale growth forecasted through 2021 and beyond. Joining a friendly and supportive Business Information team, your remit will include:
- Taking the lead in the preparation and development of key business intelligence to enable efficient, effective and commercially focussed performance reporting within the business.
- Researching the evolving business reporting requirements and designing robust controls to ensure the accuracy of the data presented.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure business reporting requirements are delivered in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring that the POWER BI tool is fully utilised
- Ongoing production of daily, weekly, periodic and annual performance analysis
- Overseeing the preparation of the company's daily flash reports, ensuring the data is both accurate and complete and pre-empting future changes as business needs evolve
- Using SQL and Power BI to create dashboard MI
- Knowledge and practical use of connecting multiple data sources to a Data warehouse
- Applying row level security to all reporting
- Development of BI tool generated reports to facilitate ad-hoc reporting requests
- Preparation of commercially focussed KPI analysis for senior Operational managers, BI Manager and Head of BI to drive performance improvement
- Preparation of regular period performance Business Intelligence including the consolidation of reporting packs
- Ensuring reporting processes and procedures are fully documented and constantly reviewed in line with changing business and customer requirements
- Providing input from a finance perspective into future developments of the BI Tool and other MI reporting tools used in the business including writing business cases specifications for new reporting requirements
- Developing and maintaining strong professional working relationships with Operations colleagues by maintaining an approachable presence
- Assisting the Head of Business Intelligence in responding to ad-hoc Business Intelligence reporting requests
Applicants will have previously operated in a similar profile financial or data analysis role with strong Power BI and SQL skills. A competitive salary is complimented with benefits including flexitime, 25 days holiday (extra holidays purchase scheme), 3% Pension, Life insurance, Money off schemes, Cash Medical Plan and 4 x Life Assurance. Applicants who are available immediately or at short notice will be of particular interest. **This role could be home based but with 1-2 days per month in the Liverpool office**.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.