My client is an established, specialist engineering and maintenance business with contracts across the UK.
Having just promoted the Operations to Director to MD, after the retirement of the long-standing founder, the need has been identified to strengthen the Senior Management Team with the recruitment of a Financial Controller to manage a small team and support the Directors in driving continued growth, profitability and develop more accurate contract tendering and reporting.
Ideally Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or similar) you will be an experienced, commercial finance professional. Reporting to the MD, you will have responsibility for one Assistant Accountant and your duties will include:-
- Review and develop existing processes and controls
- Review and develop the existing monthly management reporting and produce them with commercial and contract commentary
- Present monthly management accounts at the monthly Board meeting
- Develop more accurate and effective contract costing and reporting (profitability, cost to completion etc)
- Work with the Board to identify revenue and cost saving opportunities in turn improving the structure of the business to continue growth
- Preparation of annual accounts for the auditors
- Communication and negotiation with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors
It is a fantastic, profitable business with a great reputation and real growth potential. The successful will ideally be qualified, have experience working in Owner-Managed, SME's and be committed to continuous improvement. Experience in a contract/ project based sector would be a real advantage.
For more information & a confidential discussion, apply now....