Howarth Morris are looking to recruit an experienced Tax Professional to join a multi-billion turnover global market leader for the groups EMEA region. This is an initial 12 month contract reporting directly to the Tax Manager operating in a broad and autonomous role. You will have responsibility for assisting the Tax Manager with all tax affairs of all EMEA regional businesses, ensuring ensure compliance with relevant tax laws and group policies/procedures across the region.
- Ensure regional compliance to group tax standard, tax procedures and tax guidelines.
- Recommend tax planning opportunities in the regions including restructuring of affairs to ensure legislative compliance.
- Assist the Tax Manager with the development and implementation of the tax strategy for the region.
- Identify areas for improvements in the groups indirect tax processes.
- Prepare VAT returns for respective European business units.
- Provide business units with support on day-to-day VAT issues as they arise.
- Support the Finance team and global Tax Manager in relation to group tax reporting requirements.
- Ensure the tax obligations and tax laws in all countries in region are complied for direct and indirect taxes.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in tax compliance and tax reporting functions.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes for the various regions and proactively manage changes required.
- Assist Tax Manager with developing the regional tax data analytics and reports.
- Applicants will be Qualified or Part Qualified ACA / ACCA, CTA or ATT Tax Professionals.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate tax, transfer pricing, tax treaties, income source rules and VAT principles.
- Ideally of working for a similar profile International business or through having worked for an accounting practice.
- Experience in international tax law, IFRS tax reporting, tax compliance controls and governance.
- Familiar with dealing with tax issues for multiple countries.
- SAP and Hyperion experience would also be advantageous.
A leading North West based Finance & HR Recruitment Consultancy. Providing a complete temporary, contract and permanent recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals, across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will exceed expectation, make a difference and add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.