Our client is a long established, market leading, global business focussed on the application of technology to improve health and well-being through its products and services. It is a business you can be proud to work for and develop a career within.
Demand has surged in the last 12 months and this is one of many of our clients that has played a key part in the global health supply chain battle to overcome Covid.
This growth has shown the need to extend the depth and expertise of the Purchasing team with the recruitment of a Buyer to cover sites in the UK and Europe.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will work within a small, experienced purchasing team and have full supply chain and P&L responsibility for a key supplier and a number of smaller, related accounts for a small number of manufacturing sites in the UK and Europe. Your duties will be varied and will include:-
- Evaluate, audit and manage suppliers to ensure compliance to business goals, mitigate risk and timely constraint resolution
- Execution of tactical business reviews within the Supply Chain
- Ensure on time purchase order delivery
- Ensure Purchased parts are correctly set up and maintained in relation to price, lead-time and MOQ
- Resolution and management of invoice queries
- Adherence and operate to departmental processes, ISO procedures and SOX regulations
- Ensure progress against departmental KPI's and personal IDP statements
The successful candidate will be a proven Buyer with demonstrable experience and impact in a technical / electronic / engineering environment. SAP experience would be a major advantage and you will be encouraged to challenge and improve processes and controls. Your exprience is key but you may be working toward a suitable, relevant qualification (IIPM, APICS, MCIPS or similar), and you would be supported in this. You will be able to illustrate strong experience in supplier and stakeholder relationship management and a practical, inclusive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a global, market leading, best to work for business that offers great support, benefits and opportunities. The role will be based flexibly during the current restrictions but will ultimately be based at our South Manchester site with some, short stay, Northern European travel.
For more information on this superb opportunity, apply now.....