Excellent opportunity for a career focussed Qualified Management Accountant to join a £220m highly regarded, global no 1 Research & Development business based in the heart of Liverpool city centre. Reporting directly to the Head of Management Accounts and based in a team of 6 Management Accountants/Business Partners your remit will include:
- Management Accounts and Business Partnering across your own portfolio of UK and Foreign Subsidiaries.
- Development of financial reporting to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Supporting the Head of Management Accounting with ensuring the management accounts team meets/exceeds the group finance strategy.
- Developing a modern and sophisticated MI reporting suites to support the groups strategic plan for growth.
- Ensuring Month end Management Accounts and reporting packs are delivered in line with reporting deadlines.
- Variance analysis & reporting - providing a commentary and recommendations on actions/opportunities to ensure optimum business performance.
- PowerBI report development for all group companies including KPI development and reporting.
- Managing and developing the preparation of the monthly reports for all budget holders.
- Supporting the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Maintaining & developing best practice procedures for financial reporting and control processes.
- Ensuring all subsidiaries comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Continuous review of existing processes across FBP team and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing one of the members of the Management Accounts team.
- Developing first class working relationships will all key stakeholders fostering a culture of collaboration, partnership and mutual support
Applicants will be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA Management Accountants with previous management accounting and business partnering experience gained within a large, diverse, fast paced organisation, ideally with prior experience of accounting for international subsidiaries - in particular operations based in Africa. You will have previous experience of providing Management Information and reports relevant to various stakeholders, and will have the commercial acumen, gravitas and approach required to develop effective business partner relationships, explaining results and supporting business decisions/strategic planning. You will be familiar working to tight deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations and relationships and will have a track record of supporting continuous improvement. Strong systems skills are essential - and experience of Power BI and QuickBooks would be advantageous. This excellent career opportunity is complimented with a very impressive benefits including a £42,000 to 52,000 basic salary, a 37.5 hr working week (flexi-time), 40 days Holiday and an 21% employer contribution pension. This company operates in a sector unaffected by the challenges presented by COVID and the current economic downturn.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.