Our client is the undisputed UK leader in its field and through securing a number of new projects over the last 2 years the company has grown to £50m with future growth projections taking them to £100m through 2021. As FP&A Accountant you will report directly to the FC with your remit including:
- Managing a team of 2, ensuring the accurate accounting and reconciliation of contract income and supply chain costs
- Ensuring the accuracy and validity of contract revenue and subcontractor cost entries to the General Ledger
- Design, development and maintenance of the company's revenue recognition processes, in accordance with accounting standards
- Ensuring adherence to the company's revenue recognition policies
- Working closely with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and Head of Financial Accounting
- Monitoring of project costs and collation of supporting evidence to support defrayed cost claims
- Supporting the Management Accounts team through the provision of accurate and timely short term Income and Supply Chain Cost forecasts.
- Monthly management accounts support
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- KPI preparation and interpretation
- Budgeting and forecasting.
Applicants will be practice trained ACA or ACCA finance professionals with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE ideally gained within a technical Accountant role within industry/commerce. You will also have previous experience of revenue recognition accounting and IFRS 15 and ideally a blend of both Financial and Management Accounting responsibilities gained within a fast moving, high volume, multi-site environment. Previous experience of Oracle, SAP or CODA would be advantageous as would previous experience of project management or of contributing to large projects (eg contract or new system implementation). This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded, well established global brand operating in a sector unaffected by the current economic challenges. A competitive salary (to £45k) is complimented with benefits including flexitime, 25 days holiday (extra holidays purchase scheme), 3% Pension, Life insurance, Money off schemes, Cash Medical Plan and 4 x Life Assurance.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.