We are currently recruiting a Financial Controller for a £50m+ market leading, rapidly expanding, international manufacturing business which is a key, autonomous UK division of a US global leader. As a result of a recent Group structure, an exciting opportunity exists for an ambitious and capable Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Finance Professional to join the business in a career defining role that should progress to Finance Director in 2-3 years. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, your remit will include:
- Financial reporting and consolidation of the UK's Group results
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Management and development of the Finance team
- Maintaining relationships with the Group's audit and tax professionals, legal partners and banking partners
- Business Partnering with key managers and stakeholders across all areas of the business - both locally and internationally
- Controlling and maintaining VAT and taxation records
- Presenting financial performance results and KPIs to the board and Senior Management Team
- Manage the Company audit to meet external audit and legal requirements.
- Maintain and monitor the insurance process to ensure claims are handled promptly.
- Manage and develop team members
This is a high profile, highly visible role working closely with key personal locally and across the wider business, and as such it requires excellent communication skills and the gravitas and commercial acumen required to provide support and advice at the highest level. Applicants will have broad management and financial accounting experience and will have operated in a similar profile FC or FM role, preferably for a UK division of an international manufacturing business where you will have had gained knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, SOX or similar. This appointment is a key part of the companies succession planning, and the successful applicant will be someone keen and ambitious with a real desire to take their skills and experience to the next level. You will have a professional, friendly, engaging approach but will be comfortable challenging where necessary in order to drive and influence best practice controls, processes and behaviours. SAP or Oracle experience would be of advantageous. A competitive base salary is complimented with an impressive suite of benefits including flexible working, Bonus, Private healthcare, 26 days annual leave, Pension and much more, but the real opportunity is the genuine scope to progress to FD in 2-3 years.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.