My client is a well-established, cutting-edge, consultancy business offering services to a wide range of international businesses within the digital and tech sector. Based in South Manchester, the business has offices and blue chip clients across Europe and continues to grow through it's innovative, connected solutions.
Through continued increase in client wins and international coverage a superb opportunity has been identified to create a new role of Financial Controller, reporting into the CFO. The increase of business and sales activity means an ever increasing variety of client requirements in terms of deliver and bespoke billing requirements as well as an expanding supply chain of services to effectively satisfy those requirements. And the increasing international activity also requires a greater focus on cashflow control & forecasting and management of working capital.
Some of the duties in the role are quite traditional, but the commerciality, dynamism and development of the role are exciting. The duties will include, but not be restricted to:-
- Review and reporting on the current supply chain (AP)
- Review, design and implement an effective AP process - including control and forecasting of associated cash requirements
- Work with procurement to ensure effective costing and ROI
- Work closely with the AP Manager to improve and develop processes and team skills
- Review of customers and the order to cash process & controls - including forecasting of cash
- Work with the AR/Credit Manager to improve and develop processes and team skills
- Take ownership of working capital management, forecasting and controls
- And take an integral part in the upgrade of processes in advance of a major system implementation
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
This is a key role with an exciting future. The successful candidate will be:-
- Recently Qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Strong experience and proven ability to take process ownership and deliver continuous improvement
- First class systems and analysis skills to develop an effective working capital model & forecast
- A great communicator with some experience of staff supervision
- Dynamic, detail orientated and keen to develop in a market leading, digital business with exciting plans for the future.
For a confidential discussion on this exciting role, apply for more information.