My client is a £multi-million turnover, specialist, precision manufacturer with a worldwide client base. After the award of a major, £multi-million, multi-year contract, driving major investment, a superb opportunity has been identified for the recruitment of a Qualified, dynamic and commercial financial professional to join the business as Financial Controller.
Reporting to the CFO this is a newly-created, high profile role where you can really make your mark and define and develop your career.
The successful candidate will be:-
- A Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- A strong pedigree of commercial experience with an eye for developing and improving reporting, processes and controls
- Ideally with experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Experienced and confident with SAP FICO (with excellent Excel skills)
- Experience of accounting in a business with long term projects where revenue is recognised across multiple accounting periods
- At ease with 'POC' & 'Cost to Completion' Accounting with a clear understanding of the relevant accounting standards and able to lead and develop others
Your duties will be varied, challenging and rewarding and will include:-
- Responsible for the production and presentation of monthly and quarterly reporting, including variance analysis to budget and forecast
- Presentation of monthly financial report to the FD, Board and Group with full commercial commentary
- Consolidation of monthly project reporting into a company format
- Production, presentation and regular review of budgets and forecasts
- Review, design and embedding of improved controls, processes and reporting - in practice and also within SAP
- Take ownership of the controlling module of SAP to ensure accuracy of project costs, revenues and costs/revenues to completion
This is a fantastic role within a first-class business that has a fantastic legacy, reputation and future, and that has the ability to really drive your career forward.
My client is looking to short-list and interview ASAP so please apply now for more details and a confidential discussion.