My client is an engineering and facilities management business with a blue chip client portfolio operating across the UK. While the business would be considered an SME it is part of a larger, international group with sister companies across the UK.
Due to the strategic decision to give an increased focus, the need has been identified to recruit an experienced, Qualified, commercial Financial Controller to support the MD and report both to the MD and the Group CFO.
Whilst there has been some impact from Covid, the business and the Group have exciting growth plans and to aid that a greater focus and control is required at a business level. This is a hands-on role and the duties will be varied, but would include:-
- Provide financial leadership to the business
- Develop & grow the small but loyal finance team
- Develop internal systems and controls, and review processes to enhance existing accounts
- Provide leadership in the development of robust financial and business systems
- Provide financial analysis reports and presenting recommendations and conclusions to support business continuity and growth planning
- Perform all Group requirements in terms of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
- Lead the budget and re-forecast process for strategic plans
- Perform all financial accounting functions to include VAT
- Be the on-site contact for banking, external audit and ad-hoc Group requirements
- Preparation and monitoring of KPI's and review of job progress/WIP analysis
The successful candidate will be Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) and have experience in an engineering / maintenance business with long term contracts and the need to account for work in progress. You will have strong analytical and IT skills aligned with excellent reporting and communication abilities in order to identify, report and implement controls and improvements to aid growth in terms of sales and profitability.
This is an active role and my client is looking to interview and appoint ASAP. For more information and a confidential discussion, APPLY NOW.