This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA professional to join a £50m t/o highly regarded household name business - who are an autonomous division of a global £20 Billion t/o group. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will be based in a friendly and supportive financial accounting team with your remit including:
- Recording and reconciliation of intercompany transactions - including corporate recharges, payroll and agency costs
- Monthly balance sheet consolidation.
- Modernising the current intercompany and balance sheet consolidation procedure
- Responsibility for all Intercompany costs and income elements of the P&L and balance sheets
- Preparation and posting of journal entries
- Development of reporting to support the intercompany costs and income reported on a service by service / cost centre by cost centre basis.
- Production of the monthly flash and final balance sheet consolidation packs.
- Production of KPIs related to balance sheet review compliance.
- Supporting the development of a standard Record to Report performance reporting pack for all business areas.
- Provide ad hoc reports to key stake-holders as required (Head of Finance, Heads of Operations, Exec team).
- Developing and maintaining Group principles for intercompany - particularly corporate recharges
- Supporting Group processes and controls for intercompany transactions and recharges.
- Working with the business to improve the business processes that drive intercompany transactions, driving efficiencies and standardization where appropriate.
Applicants must be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA professionals who have previously operated in a role covering the areas detailed above. You will be a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team. You will be familiar with working in a fast paced, dynamic reporting environment, will be familiar with having to adapt to change and will have the gravitas and personality required to forge strong relationships with site based operational teams. Advanced MS Excel is essential and Oracle experience would be advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with a household name business and whilst this role is to provide maternity cover it is very likely there will be permanent opportunities in the broader finance team through the rest of this year.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.