This is an exciting, career-defining opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a £100m+ t/o UK manufacturer who are an autonomous division of a global US super-brand. Reporting directly to the General Manager, and (offsite) Finance Director, you will operate as the number one in finance as a pivotal member of the senior management team, heading a finance team of 11 with full responsibility for all day-to-day finance operations. Your remit will include:
- Heading the operational finance team ensuring all financial and management accounting tasks are fulfilled in line with the group accounting policy.
- Working to driving operational and financial performance through business partnering with all departments including Production, Operations, Commercial, Logistics, Procurement & Human Resources.
- Lead for the production of timely management and financial accounts.
- Production and reporting of the MI pack - providing full visibility across the sites operational and financial KPIs.
- Reporting financial information at a top level to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Annual budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts.
- Ongoing development of best practice controls, processes, systems & procedures
- Finance lead for Business Improvement initiatives
- SOX compliance
Applicants must be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA professionals who have previously operated in a hands-on No 1 Finance role for a large manufacturing operation - preferably one that is part of a US Group so involving exposure to US reporting and SOX compliance. As an inspirational leader you will have a track record of developing robust, focussed and dedicated finance teams and will have the commercial acumen, gravitas and personality to forge strong and effective business partner relationships with board level non-finance stakeholders. Experience of SAP would also be advantageous. A competitive salary - £70-75k - is complemented with benefits including Company Car (£8,000), Bonus, 25 days holiday, 4% Pension, Parking and an early Friday finish. Working within a friendly and supportive team this role will undoubtedly prove a stimulating and fulfilling role and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop and take on additional responsibility in time.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.