This is an exciting opportunity for a Qualified (or final stage active studier) CIMA, ACA or ACCA finance professional to join the highly successful, rapidly expanding European HO of a £5Bn t/o No 1 global leader. Based in impressive offices on the outskirts of Warrington you will join a friendly & supportive team, reporting directly to the European FC and will support the groups financial accounting functions across sites in Europe and the Middle East. Working directly and indirectly with all levels of employees and external stakeholders you will ensure full compliance with relevant financial controls and accounting standards with your broader responsibilities including:
- Ensuring Month End Processes & Procedures are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting with preparation of financial statements - B/S, P&L, Cash Flow and consolidation of financial statements.
- Assisting with preparation of trial balance and other nominated financial and management reports
- Assisting with preparation of audit packs - ensuring they are complete, accurate and issued within agreed timeframe
- Participating in internal and external audit as required
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards, segregation of duties and financial authority limits.
- Ensuring Compliance with all tax, treasury, statutory and financial policies
- Recording, analysis and review of data related to general ledger record keeping (Manual Journal Entries, Intercompany & Fixed Assets)
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and BS maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with journal preparation and general ledger reconciliation
- Preparation of payment proposals
- Delivering timely and accurate financial information in support of business and functional requests
- Assisting the business with AP, AR and GRIR
- Assisting the business with credit collection processes
Applicants will be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACCA - or final stage actively working towards full qualification - and will have worked in a similar financial accounting role for a large, global. You will be a strong character, with the gravitas and confidence required to influence the behaviour and actions of a finance team spread across Europe and Middle East. You will have strong communication skills as well as European Language skills necessary to effectively support operations across Portugal, Spain, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and UAE. Whilst most of the finance team across these sites speak good English, European language skills are a prerequisite for this role and fluency in Bulgarian language will be of particular interest. Applicants should also have strong MS Excel and IT skills and SAP experience - and in particular SAP HANA - would be advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity to join a very impressive, friendly and supportive finance team and a dynamic and progressive business with benefits including Bonus to 10%, Pension 3%, 25 days holiday, 4 x DIS, Medical Cover and an early finish on a Friday. Whilst this role supports EME teams there isn't the need for European travel in this role and if there ever the need it would be minimal. Due to the sector that this company operates in and supports, it is relatively unaffected by the global economic challenges COVID19 presents.
Howarth Morris are a leading North West based Finance and HR Recruitment Consultancy. Providing a complete temporary, contract and permanent recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals, across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.