This is an exciting, career-defining opportunity for a Qualified ACA, ACCA or CTA (first or second time mover) to join a household name £60m t/o market leader. Based in impressive offices in the heart of Liverpool city centre your responsibilities as In house Tax Manager will include:
- Preparation of tax accounting disclosures for group and subsidiary statutory accounts
- Corporate tax planning and compliance
- Preparation and management of the year-end tax computations, control of tax payments, and support in tax planning initiatives such as tax rate management.
- VAT compliance - including preparation and review of VAT returns, and advice and guidance to the business on transactional VAT implications.
- Management of employee tax compliance, and advice and guidance to HR on employee tax issues.
- Ownership of all tax related P&L and balance sheet numbers as part of the month end close process.
- Supporting the planning process by providing group tax forecasts.
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and mitigating tax compliance risks, and advising of where changes in tax laws will affect the group.
- Ad-hoc tax project work to benefit the business (e.g. R&D claims, corporate reorganisations etc.)
- Design and implementation of group transfer pricing policies, and maintenance of supporting agreements and transfer pricing documentation.
- Development of tax systems.
- HMRC relationship management and lead role in tax enquiry responses.
- Assisting the Finance Director with other tax related stakeholder requests.
This is a highly visible, broad & autonomous business role working closely with the Finance Director, Reporting & Control Manager and FP&A Manager as well as supporting the senior management team across operations in the UK and Europe. Applicants will be fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CTA professionals with a strong academic record and a sound knowledge of Tax planning and compliance gained in industry or practice. International tax experience would be of particular interest but candidates who have an understanding of this area will also be of interest. You will have sound knowledge/experience of IFRS and UK GAAP group reporting and tax accounting in a multi-currency environment and will be a self-starter who thrives in a role requiring the gravitas and personality to build strong relationships with non-finance staff. You should be able to tailor your style and approach to a diverse audience, often needing to explain complex financial and tax issues in a way that can be understood. This excellent career opportunity is complimented with a competitive salary, £45-55k, and benefits including 10% Bonus, 25 days holiday, 4% Pension, car parking and a broad range of company perks & benefits.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.