Are you a Commercial Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner who thrives off working closely with senior management and budget holders to provide support and guidance to their business activities and commercial decision making? Do you have a track record of not just working on producing the financial numbers but working with budget holders and Ops teams to identify and capitalise on opportunities to improve the numbers? If so this could be an ideal career opportunity for you. Our client is one of Liverpool's most well established, highly regarded and rapidly expanding businesses with revenues in excess of £150m. As Senior Finance Business Partner you will report directly to an impressive Commercial FC and heading a small team of FBPs your remit will include:
- Lead a team that supports and challenges budget holders and managers to ensure appropriate decisions are made
- Providing decision makers with relevant and robust financial information
- Development of proposals and business cases
- Understand potential risks to the budget/forecast process, escalating these as required, and identify mitigating actions to resolve these
- Ensure the business achieves maximum benefit from its resources, ensuring the right balance between economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency, effectiveness and performance and advising and influencing budget managers and holders to implement these
- Ensure modern and effective MI reports are developed to ensure accurate, timely actual & forecast financial information is available and reported within the Business
- Development of MI Packs for the Board, Senior Management Executive leadership team, Directorate management teams, project boards and other governance forums
- Leading the annual budgeting process, ensuring credible budgets are developed that withstand scrutiny
- Ensuring operational and project teams understand and are challenged upon their use of resources to meet demand, performance targets and business plan priorities
- Utilisation and development of the functionality of cloud-based Finance and HR system
Applicants must be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA Professionals with previous experience in a Business Facing Commercial Management Accounts or Finance Business Partner role. You will be familiar with working closely with Operations Teams/Budget Holders and will have the gravitas, credibility & commercial acumen required to evaluate, critique and support high level commercial decision making. You will have prior supervisory experience and the ability to implement an impactful business partnering culture, leading from the front with a focus on adding real business value. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded and successful businesses in Merseyside, as part of a friendly, supportive and energetic team. A competitive salary is complemented with impressive benefits including flexitime (5 days around core hours), 25 days holiday and 20% pension following a qualifying period.
At Howarth Morris our mission is simple…..We are committed to progressing businesses and to progressing careers. Since 2007 we have provided a UK wide temporary, contract & permanent Finance & HR recruitment solution to businesses from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue-Chip Multinationals, committed to delivering Finance & HR professionals who will exceed expectation, make a difference and add real business value. Dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across AAT, ACCA, ACA, ICM, CIPP and CIPD, we are committed to presenting our candidates with the very best job opportunities available.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and other roles that may align to your aspirations, call or email today to speak to one of your friendly and dedicated consultants.