Our client is a well-known, highly regarded and successful business, with a turnover of over £60m and operating as the UK division of a multibillion t/o Group with operations in over 50 countries. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join the UK team taking responsibility for a team of 20 spanning Central Accounts, Treasury & Accounts Payable. In this Key Management role you will be responsible for financial accounting, reporting and control activities of the Company and will also contribute to the commercial and financial decision-making in the Company. Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller your remit will include:
- Responsibility & accountability for ensuring full financial control and management is in place for all accounting, reporting, working capital management and internal audit activities for all UK entities
- Responsibility and accountability for the annual budgeting process and forecasting process
- Managing the Finance Team and ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and in line with Group reporting deadlines
- Delivering consolidated annual financial statements for audit and for maintaining a strict internal control environment around accounting in the Company
- Recommending and implementing changes and improvements that will have a positive impact on the Company's financial controls and financial performance
- Responsibility and accountability for credit control and cash management for the Company
- Ensuring that regular and accurate financial reports, including monthly budget reconciliations and summaries are produced for Company Management
- Managing the Company's tax exposure and ensure that this is minimised.
Applicants will be fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience in a similar profile role including experience of reporting to a Group Head Office and compilation of reporting packages on a monthly basis. You will be familiar with managing large diverse teams and will have the ability to inspire and motivate your team to complete required workloads in a timely and accurate manner. You will be comfortable working in a challenging environment where you may be frequently under pressure to meet the evolving demands of the business. You will be highly motivated & enthusiastic with the desire to add real value and to make a difference. A competitive salary is complimented with a benefits including pension, health care and bonus.
Howarth Morris are the North Wests leading Finance and HR Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD. We are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.