My client is a long-established technology business with clients globally and the UK Head Office based close to Blackburn Town Centre. It is a great business that will offer brilliant commercial exposure. Due to an imminent period of maternity leave, the need has been identified for an experienced, commercial and Qualified Finance Professional to join the existing team for an initial period of 12 months.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work in a small & established management accounting team (part of a larger finance team) with responsibility for particular cost & operating centres across the UK and Europe.
- Your role will be varied and be based around the monthly reporting cycle including:-
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for your area including P&L and balance sheet
- Commercial commentary and analysis on the monthly results
- Overhead, cost and revenue analysis
- Opex and Capex analysis
- Intercompany reconciliations and accounting
- Assisting with some international accounting
It is a varied and responsible role where you will have real autonomy. You will be a Qualified Accountant with a broad, general skill base covering all the key tasks and communications relating to and prompted by the monthly accounting & reporting cycle. You will be a strong communicator and possess strong excel skills and capable of self-managing due to the size of the team. Of course, you will receive training in systems, processes and the business but you should be confident and capable in your key duties.
You will need to be able to commence the assignment in early February.
My client is looking to move quickly so please apply ASAP for a confidential discussion.