My client, a rapidly growing manufacturer is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to add value to their Supply Chain Team. This opportunity will incorporate the conventional activities associated with end-to-end Supply Chain. The role will involve working with customers and both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties will be spread across three main areas, Forecasting and Planning, Order Management and Reporting
Forecasting and Demand Planning
- Review and amend demand forecasts on a daily basis for a range of products, approx. 150 SKU's. Must have the ability to own and fully understand and interpret the data.
- Reduce inventory in line with specific product type targets.
- Contribute to improve the existing planning processes and systems in line with business objectives.
- Raise purchase orders on Sage, send amendments, cancellations and defer notifications.
- Check supplier invoices and import documentation, ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers on a daily basis, including emails, conference calls and video conferencing
- Work with 3rd party logistics providers to manage stock at agreed levels.
- Work with agreed shipping agents to manage shipping of orders.
- Book deliveries into Sage.
- Update KPI's and report to stakeholders.
- Act as the primary point of contact with suppliers/customers regarding demand, supplier's capacity
and day-to-day delivery plan activities.
- Provide information for the commercial and sales team on service, sales and supply issues.
- Very strong numerical / analytical skills.
- Experience of Supply Chain function, ideally some experience gained in an organisation without an ERP system.
- Microsoft Excel Advanced level - VLOOKUP and Pivot tables as a minimum (Test to be taken at interview stage)
- Excellent communication skills are required as working collaboratively with suppliers, customers
and stakeholders is a key part of this role.