This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Management / Cost Accountant to join a rapidly expanding £14m t/o niche manufacturer that has doubled in size over the last 2 years. With further rapid growth forecasted, on the back of the Group expanding its product portfolio & global reach, this is new role created to support the UK FC as they take on a broader global remit and require a strong No 2 to assist in meeting evolving business demands. This is an excellent career move for an ambitious Management / Cost Accountant as the UK FC sees the successful applicant quickly developing and taking on additional responsibility with the plan for the successful applicant to step up to UK FC level in the near future. Based within a well stablished, friendly & supportive team - and working closely with an impressive UK FC, who is committed to supporting you with taking your career to the next level - your remit will include:
- Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts, P&L and Balance Sheet
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Analysis & reporting on purchase price variance, production variances and departmental overheads
- Business Partnering with senior management and budget holders
- Developing modern MI and KPI reporting suites
- Submitting UK finance information to the group ERP system for the US
- Managing a small finance team - ensuring the accuracy of all nominal ledger transactions
- Deputising for the UK Financial Controller at senior management meetings as applicable
- Standard Costing
- Sales & Margin analysis
- Assisting in the preparation of Budgets & Forecasts.
- Supporting the FC with liaison with external service providers including auditors, insurance, pensions and payroll providers.
- Ensuring accounting policies and controls are adhered to within the organisation
- Working to modernise and develop controls, processes & procedures in order to make a difference and add real business value
- Monitoring and control of fixed assets expenditures
Applicants should be experienced Management/Cost Accountants who have previous experience from within the manufacturing sector - ideally for a UK division of a larger European or American parent company.
You will be an Advanced MS Excel user with prior experience of ERP systems and the commercial acumen & gravitas required to work closely with Operations and Commercial teams. Whilst full CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification is preferred our client is happy to consider non-qualified accountants who have operated in a similar profile role. A competitive salary - £43-48k (possibly some flexibility) - is complemented with benefits including 25 days holiday, 6% Pension, an earlier finish on a Friday and a clearly defined career path to progress to FC.
Howarth Morris Professional Selection is a leading Finance and Human Resources Recruitment Consultancy specialising in Temporary, Contract & Permanent recruitment from Trainee to Board level throughout the UK. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified & Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.