Our client is a global market leading manufacturer with worldwide turnover in excess of Euro 1.8 BN. In this newly created Finance Director role for their £50-60m t/o site - based near Speke - you will work closely with the UK Managing Director/Plant Manager in the UK, as well as reporting to the European CFO, with a broad & autonomous remit including:
- Managing teams across finance, production, IT, Purchasing and sales with a total team of 30+.
- Operating as a key member of the senior management team, business partnering with departmental heads & budget holders including Operations Director, Sales Director, HR Director, Environmental/H&S Director and Quality Director
- Delivering a unified business partnering culture, providing links between all departments to ensure everyone is working in collaboration to a common goal.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the business, its market, key business drivers, opportunities and risks.
- Ensuring optimum business controls, processes & procedures.
- Working closely with the UK MD to formulate and execute the business strategy/plan.
- Driving site operational efficiency & performance.
- Communicating financial information to non-finance managers.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Driving sales/margins.
- Ensuring optimum manufacturing/operational efficiency.
- Daily production KPI control.
- Ensuring Timely & Accurate Group reporting in line with IFRS.
- Leading Projects to increase productivity and cost saving.
- Preparation of the budget for the plant.
This is an excelled opportunity for a proven Finance Director (Or strong Commercial FC) who is looking for a broader, autonomous and challenging role touching all areas of the business. You will have a thorough understanding of the full manufacturing /process and a proven ability of driving business performance in a high volume production environment where many contracts having low margins. You will have an impressive track record of driving business sales/profit growth and will familiar with working in close collaboration with an MD/Plant Manager as well as reporting to an international parent group. You will have strong communication skills and a proven ability of being able to influence/inspire and motivate non finance senior management who historically haven't worked under an FD but have reported directly to the UK MD. A competitive salary (£80-90k) is complemented with benefits including Bonus (to 20%), Company Car/Allowance, 23 days holiday, 3% Pension and Health Insurance. This is a high profile, highly visible role within the business and there are exciting career prospects for the successful applicant.
Howarth Morris are the North Wests leading Finance and HR Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.