Our client is a highly regarded, successful and rapidly expanding business, with a turnover of over £100m and double digit % annual growth in recent years and in the process of merging with a similar profile business. As a result of the merger the Group Finance Director is looking for a Qualified Project Accountant to join the business on a 6 month contract to provide support across a number of key areas with a remit including:
- Consolidation of the Financial information from two financial systems in order to produce budget management information for Boards and Leadership Team
- Review and calculation of Financial KPIs, obtaining info from both systems, ensuring calculation consistency
- Consolidation of 2017-18 accounts, calculating impact of any changes in accounting policies
- Reviewing the process for VAT consolidation and preparation for making tax digital
- Review of SLAs and internal charging mechanisms across group, proposing the most appropriate mechanism for charging from 2019-20
- Review of reporting and management information ensuring consolidated information is available to meet company requirements
Applicants must be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA with previous project accounting / company merger experience and a successful track record of shaping and implementing effective finance systems and processes and covering the areas outlined above. You will have high levels of IT literacy and an understanding of identifying and delivering new ways of working to meet evolving business demands. You will be highly motivated & enthusiastic with the desire to add real value and to make a difference. A competitive salary is complimented with a benefits including pension, health care and 25 days holiday.
Howarth Morris is a leading Finance and Human Resources Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.