This is a rare & exciting opportunity for an experienced European Financial Controller to join a highly successful, rapidly expanding £100m t/o Division of a £7Bn t/o global blue-chip. Operating in a high profile, autonomous role, reporting directly to the European FD, your remit will include:
- Statutory/ Financial Accounting for 10 countries across the UK & Europe
- Remote management of Accountants based at these sites who are responsible for the preparation and submission of local financial/management accounts into the European HO
- Group Consolidation
- Development of modern, effective and consistent financial controls across each site
- Ensuring SOX equivalent standards/controls are met
- Balance Sheet reviews
- Journal approvals
- Co-ordinating audits for each site
- Managing the relationship with the Financial Shared Service Centre teams
- EC Sales & Intrastat
- Supporting an SAP implementation/upgrade
Applicants must be fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Qualified Financial Controllers with previous experience in a high profile multi-site Financial Controller role - preferably with European/Global experience. You will have strong management skills, the proven ability of being able to manage a nationally/globally positioned team and a track record of delivering optimum financial controls & procedures. You will have the ability to forge strong business partner relationships at all levels and will also have ideally been involved in broader business improvement projects/initiatives required to meet the evolving demands/challenges created through rapid business expansion. Advanced MS Excel and ERP experience is essential and previous SAP and Hyperion knowledge would be advantageous. A competitive salary (£65-75k) is complemented with impressive benefits including Bonus (10-20%), Healthcare, 28 days holiday, Pension (3%), Parking, Flexi-time and a 36.5 hr week with an earlier Friday finish.
Howarth Morris is the North Wests leading Finance and Human Resources Recruitment Consultancy and our finance division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD. Highly commended by CIMA we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.