Our client is a highly acquisitive, Private Equity backed group who have grown exponentially over the past decade, largely through M&A. They are seeking a technically brilliant ACA Corporate Reporting Accountant with a strong commercial acumen to further strengthen their finance team. You will be working as part of a small team and will have a high level exposure to the group's activities, gaining some fantastic development opportunities.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts board pack including liaison with divisional management account teams, maintenance of the accounting records for the holding companies and private equity financing and preparation of central reports such as Net Debt, group cash flow analysis including narrative, covenant reporting and forecast cash positions.
- Review of general month-end group accounting tasks including reconciliation of non-trading control accounts (goodwill, acquisitions related balances, onerous leases, bank financing), accounting for additional practice acquisitions or disposals, consolidations and cash flows.
- Preparation of the quarterly financial reporting for external stakeholders including drafting Management's Discussion and Analysis of the results and assisting with group reporting presentations.
- Preparation of the annual report to stakeholders including updating information from across the business.
- Assisting in the review of monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations across the group
- Acquisition accounting; assist the Business Development teams with developing the financial reporting routines for new acquisitions, identify Fair Value adjustments, calculate goodwill and intangible assets and maintain records of cash payments reconciled to required annual statutory disclosures. Assist Integration and Acquisition teams with review of Completion Accounts and acquisition reconciliations.
- Disposals accounting; assist the Business Development team with disposal details for assets, ongoing property costs and underperformance liabilities.
- Management of the day-to-day requirements of the external auditors both during field work and in the period to final sign off.
- Liaise with the external tax advisors in the preparation of Corporation Tax returns at year end including the preparation of tax pack information, resolving additional queries and review of final tax computations.
- Manage the preparation of the group VAT return and calculation of the partial exemption position including liaison with divisional teams in calculation of the final amount due. Assist in the preparation and review the final return.
- Forecast operational cash requirements to ensure that cash is utilised efficiency through use of the group's bank facilities.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in forecasting group balance sheet and cash flow outcomes and Budget processes. Prepare group reports on forecast and budget proposals.
- Qualified chartered accountant with post qualification experience. (ACA preferred)
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and disclosures.
- Multisite, M&A or private equity accounting experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of statutory accounts and tax computation preparation and review.
- Corporation tax and VAT knowledge beneficial.