Howarth Morris are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a reputable manufacturing business based near Wigan for a Payroll Manager on an 18 month contract. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller with responsibility for one staff member with a remit including processing monthly and weekly payroll and dealing with all related queries.
- Checking data on weekly timesheets and entering into the payroll system
- Processing new starters, leavers, amendments, rate changes
- Calculating any back pay due to an employee
- Absence Recording from timesheet data
- Calculating and processing SSP/SMP/OSPP/Shared Parental Pay
- Sending BACS Payments
- Processing P45's and Starter Checklists
- 3rd party deductions CSA / Attachment of Earnings, etc
- Dealing with Auto Enrolment and issuing of appropriate letters
- Submission of pension contributions online to pension provider
- Dealing with employee queries
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- The ideal candidate will have an understanding of PAYE/NIC/Payroll legislation and be able to use Microsoft word and excel.
- Be available to start work within 1 week
- An ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required in this role
- CANDIDATE MUST BE 100% PROFICIENT IN EXCEL
Howarth Morris is the North Wests leading Financial, HR and Office Support Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD. We are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.