This is a rare an exciting career opportunity for a Qualified Commercial Financial Controller - or a skilled & experienced Senior level Finance Manager ready to make the step - to join an impressive £300m t/o manufacturing/retail business based on the outskirts of Warrington. Reporting directly to the Finance Director and managing a finance team of 6 Part Qualified & Qualified Management Accountants/Commercial Analysts, you will operated in a well rounded' Commercial FC role overseeing all areas of financial and management accounting with the remit of developing a centralised accounting function for a key area of the business. Your duties will include:
- Managing the Management Accounts team - Overseeing/validating and ensuring the timely & accurate production of multisite/multi division Monthly Management Accounts
- Commercial Analysis & Reporting including sales/margin analysis & reporting down to category & product level
- Developing modern & effective best practice financial controls, processes & procedures
- Developing a modern & sophisticated financial reporting suite
- Finance Business Partnering with all Budget Holders & Area Managers
- Capex Management & Control
- Systems development & utilisation
- Annual Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial Accounting & Consolidation
- VAT & Corporation Tax
- Operating as the First point of contact for the auditors
- Additional duties dependent on the skills and level of the successful applicant and as the role develops
Applicants must be fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA finance professionals and will have previously operated as a Commercial FC or in a supervisory Financial and/or Management Accounting role for a large, fast pace, multi-site business. You will have broad financial & management accounting experience, a proven ability of develoing finance teams to their full potential and will have the gravitas/commercial acumen required to forge strong relationships with Operation teams and stakeholders to board level. A competitive salary - envisaged £50-60k but may be some flexibility - is complemented with benefits including Company Car, 6% Pension, 25 days holiday and the opportunity to develop and take on more responsibility in time. This truly is an excellent opportunity with the scope to potentially progress to Director level in the next 5 years.
Howarth Morris is the North Wests leading Finance and HR Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.