Are you an experienced Financial Controller or a Qualified Management/Financial Accountant ready to make the step to FC level? Are you looking for an all-encompassing management role where you can lead and develop a finance team to their full potential in a role which will allow you to take your own skills & experience to the next level? If so this rare and exciting opportunity could be a great move for you.
Reporting directly to an Impressive Finance Director this is a No 2 in Finance role where you will manage a team of 7 with a remit including:
- Management of the finance team (mix of non-qualified, AAT Part & Fully Qualified), including development, mentoring, support & appraisal
- Ensuring the timely & accurate production of the monthly management accounts across the whole group
- Group Consolidation
- Balance sheet management
- Supporting the FD with the annual budgeting process, working with departmental heads to set the budget & forecast with a view of taking full responsibility for budgeting in time
- Supporting the FD with the production of the quarterly rolling 12 month forecast for profitability and cash requirements
- Managing the transactional processing team, ensuring timely & effective delivery of credit control, purchase ledger and banking administration
- First point of contact with external professional bodies including Auditors and HMRC
- Production of statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with group policy and the reporting standards
- Developing a modern & effective management information reporting suite to support the senior management team with commercial decision making/developing the profitability of the group
- This is a very fluid role with the scope for additional responsibilities dependant on the skills and aspirations of the successful applicant
Applicants will be fully Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA and will be proven Financial Controllers or a Management or Financial Accountant ready to make the step. You will have previous experience of working in a small but effective finance environment and will have had previous staff management responsibility (even if only 1-2 people). You will have a thorough understanding of double entry book-keeping and prior experience of working with Sage line 50 would be advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives on developing people to their full ability, who can develop financial controls & procedures to ensure optimum efficiency & accuracy and who wants to develop their own financial skills and understanding to the next level. A competitive salary of £45k (Possibly some flexibility) is complimented with a good benefits package including 5% pension, 20 days holiday (growing by 1 day per year), onsite parking and good career prospects.
Howarth Morris is a leading Financial & Human Resources Recruitment Consultancy. Recruiting across all levels from a Ledger level to Finance Director, our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified & Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD. We are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.