We are currently recruiting for an Head of Financial Processing (Accounts Payable/General Ledger Manager) for a highly regarded, leading £350m+ t/o business based in the Merseyside area. Reporting to the Head of Finance your remit will be to lead the provision of a consistent and high quality service for transaction posting, accounts payable, customer payments and rent and service charge processing. You will also be responsible for developing the future strategic direction of Finance Processing whilst leading the Finance Processing Teams and embedding a culture of excellent customer service that delivers efficient business transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the Finance Processing team (30+ reports) to ensure the delivery of a high quality service across transaction posting, accounts payable, customer payments and rent & service charge processing
- Providing your team with clear direction, regularly reviewing work outputs, setting improvement targets and appraising individual performance.
- Delivering modern and effective control, processes and procedures to ensure optimum performance across all areas of financial processing
- Developing the Finance Processing strategy, providing clear vision, specific targets, business drivers, priorities and associated risks (including mitigation activity).
- Operating as the strategic lead for Finance Processing, taking ownership of the associated policies, procedures, systems and delivering best practice across all areas.
- Commission the analysis of relevant data (including management information) as required, identifying effective strategic interventions to improve Finance Processing.
- Review regular and reactive performance updates, ensuring risks and under-performance are addressed appropriately
- Working alongside Strategy and Planning to continually review and manage the impact of government policies that effect Finance Processing activity, and ensuring business processes are reviewed and amended accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with the Customer Services management team to ensure effective delivery of the wider service.
- Ensuring that all data protection requirements are met in accordance with Group policy, procedures & statutory requirements.
Applicants must have previously operated in a senior level Finance Transactions Manager role with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing and motivating large Transaction teams (for example Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger). You will have a modern, in-depth knowledge of financial controls and processes and an understanding of the risks associated with non-adherence to financial protocols. You will also have a track record of managing and developing strong finance teams and will have the gravitas and personality to forge strong relationships with all levels of finance and operations to board level. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded and rapidly expanding business operating from modern, prestigious offices on the outskirts of Liverpool. Salary £50-55k with an excellent benefits package.
Howarth Morris is a leading Financial, Human Resources & Business Support Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified & Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.