We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager for our client - a highly regarded, Liverpool based leading law firm - in a role with responsibility for all aspects of management accounts, financial reporting, auditing and supervision of a small hardworking team. Working closely with a supportive Finance Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing processing of daily transactions
- Production of monthly MI pack and other group entities including month end reporting & preparation of the accounts commentary
- Reviewing all journals, reconciliations, accruals and prepayment calculations
- Maintaining the accrual/prepayment schedule and fixed asset register
- Posting payroll including other group entities
- Daily cash flow maintenance & Review
- Daily/Weekly reporting for the Management Team on key financial information
- Management of team in relation to cash collection and credit control
- Overseeing the file closure process
- Supervision of the Finance Team on all tasks outlined within their Job Descriptions
- Performance management and appraisal of the Finance Team
- Reporting to the Finance Controller on team performance
- Supporting the team on all SAR queries and compliance
Applicants will be part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or qualified by experience with post qualified experience in the areas highlighted above. Our client is looking to for candidates with previous experience in the legal sector, and an up to date knowledge of SAR (Solicitors Accounts Rules). Candidates must have excellent interpersonal/communication skills and previous experience of supervising a small team, a good attention to detail and good organisational skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a varied and challenging role offering interaction with colleagues at all levels to board level and working within a friendly and supportive working environment. A competitive salary is complimented with a good range of benefits and career enhancing experience.
If you are interested or have a toe in the water and would like to know more, please get in touch.
Howarth Morris is a leading Financial, Human Resources & Business Support Recruitment Consultancy. Our Financial Selection division is dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified & Qualified Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and we are committed to providing our clients with the best candidates for their business and our candidates with the best opportunities for their career. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading, award winning service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in the region.