Our client based in Wigan was formed in 2000 and has expanded to become a leading independent consultancy with a national and international reputation for excellence in its areas of expertise. They offer a wide range of professional services primarily related to development of land for commercial, industrial, residential, waste management, renewable energy and infrastructure purposes. If you're looking to be part of a friendly and hardworking team this role is for you. Your duties will be:
- Purchase invoice processing - coding, sending for approval and receiving back following the appropriate approval route across our three sites
- Maintaining the incoming invoices spreadsheet for importing into SAGE
- Entering purchase invoices onto SAGE and USQ once approved
- Processing weekly expenses and drafting payment runs
- Drafting supplier payment runs for processing - fortnightly
- Overseeing PO system on USQ and creating PO's for staff on-site
- Allocating payments to supplier accounts
- Reconciling supplier statements to the accounting system
- Obtaining a list of purchase accruals for each month end and running through remaining PO's with project managers where necessary
- Maintaining various supplier spreadsheets
- Supplier query resolution
- General Administration duties such as answering the telephone, transferring calls and taking appropriate messages and relaying the information
- General housekeeping including the kitchen and office provisions
- Other ad-hoc work as required
Applicants need to have at least 1 year's previous experience in most if not all of the above. You will have excellent organisation and communication skills, be self-motivated with a good level of excel skills. Sage experience is preferable but not essential. The salary bracket for this opportunity is £18 - 21k depending on experience.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution, we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals - supporting them with their recruitment needs throughout the UK.
We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but with their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with Finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.