Our client is a rapidly expanding UK division of a £500m t/o FTSE, with current turnover at £60m - but on track to grow to £100m in 3 years. In this high profile, newly created role you will report directly to the Finance Director with responsibility for ensuring the timely, accurate & effective delivery of all elements of management & financial accounting and the broader remit of modernising the finance function and its contribution to the broader business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the reporting cycle including management & statutory reporting, reconciliations, VAT returns, nominal adjustments and group submissions
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Business Partnering with the senior management team
- Developing modern and effective project KPIs and providing regular feedback and insight to Directors and Senior Management Team
- Supporting the Finance Director with the refinement of the existing business management systems
- Monitoring and controlling business working capital requirements
- Managing a finance team of 8 including transactional, management and project accountants.
- Providing financial support to overseas entities
- Take responsibility for the control environment
- Delivering modern and effective controls, processes and procedures
- Maintaining the integrity of the Balance Sheet through regular reviews and monthly reconciliations
- Assisting in preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Contact point for external auditors, ensuring that audits run smoothly
- Ensuring compliance with all corporate internal controls
Applicants will be fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Financial Controllers with previous experience in a similar profile role - preferably gained within project based businesses operating within construction or engineering sectors. You will have extensive financial reporting experience and a robust understanding and appreciation of control environments in larger organisations. You will be a proven track record of being able to forge strong relationships with a diverse audience and will ideally have prior experience of business partnering within a local SME company culture as well as developing corporate relationships across the larger Parent/Group. You will thrive in a fast paced, challenging & autonomous role and will have a thirst for continuous improvement and change implementation. You will have a strong personality and the gravitas and credibility required to advise, persuade and influence at a senior level - including both internal and external customers - and will be comfortable challenging stakeholders as required. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a very successful, highly regarded business in a broad and fulfilling role where you can make a real difference and add real value. There is a clear opportunity for the right person to progress to FD within 2-3 years. A base salary of £60-65k is complimented with benefits including Company Car/Car Allowance, 25 days holiday, Pension, Private Healthcare and free parking. Applicants who are able to start at less than 3m notice will be of particular interest.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.