Our client is a well-known Distribution chain based on the outskirts of St Helens with revenue of over £300 million and a track record of steady growth and expansion. In this Assistant Accountant role you will report directly to the Finance Manager working closely with other departments, forging strong business partner relationships with budget holders and managers. Your duties will include:
- Completing all internal Distribution Centre Finance reporting requirements
- Supporting in the provision of financial & commercial information for site Controllers.
- Organising and managing the performance management framework for the Distribution Centre.
- Supporting the production of Budgets, Forecasts and Analysis of Distribution Centre cost and volume KPI's
- Organising and leading the focus on improved targets and robust processes.
- Provision of accurate, timely and reliable reporting information on a weekly/ periodical basis.
- Accountability for the implementation and continuous revision of departmental processes and procedures.
- Utilising internal management information database to create reports for the management team.
- Management and control of purchase order system and invoice control based on matching' concept.
Applicants must have previous experience in most if not all of the areas covered above, and will ideally be AAT Qualified or active studying towards AAT Qualification. You will be a team player, have good work ethics and an analytical approach to problem solving. Previous experience within the distribution/logistics sector would be preferable. This opportunity offers the salary bracket of £22 24k (possibly with some flexibility for the right candidate). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an open approach to changes.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution, we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals - supporting them with their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but with their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with Finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.