Our client is a household name FTSE 250 Engineering business based on the outskirts of Warrington. In this Assistant Financial Analyst role you will work in a friendly and supportive Financial/Commercial Analysis team with the remit to provide accurate management and financial information for your own business area. Your duties will include:
- Assisting in collating the Monthly Management Packs.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Updating Project appraisals and preparing forecasts - with variance analysis and commentary.
- Assisting with the preparation of full year statutory account packs - including the supporting analysis, annual budgets and quarterly forecast
- Reconciling the Central Bank Account and allocating balances to the correct regions.
- Assisting with the preparation of month end journals, including reconciling and closing ledgers at end of accounting periods.
- Updating and reviewing the cash flow system.
- Assisting in the periodic update of bank reconciliations.
- Managing the Central ledger to ensure all P&L movements are in their correct regions.
- Raising invoices on the sales ledger.
Applicants will be AAT Qualified and actively studying towards CIMA or ACCA and committed to qualifying. You will have a detailed knowledge of Financial & Management Accounting and will have a good standard of MS Excel. You will be a team player and will have good work ethics and a keenness to learn and develop. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, progressive business working for an impressive Manager committed to supporting you through your development and studies. A competitive salary (Envisaged to £26k but could be flexibility to attract the right person) is complimented with an impressive benefits package including study support, Pension, 25 days holiday, parking and a modern and inspiring working environment and culture.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution, we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals - supporting them with their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but with their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with Finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.