A large Solicitor's firm based just outside Manchester city centre requires a Legal Accounts Assistant to join their team on a 12 month contract basis. My client is an excellent employer who offer a flexible start and finish time, along with an attractive salary. Duties include:
- Using the most recent WIP review as a base starting point, undertake a review of all open files, identifying:-
- WIP that needs to be written and the reasons for those right offs, obtaining approval and writing off as required
- Irrecoverable disbursement and reasons for these, obtaining approval and writing off as require
- Client balances - identifying where monies can be transferred to office or returned to the client
- Files that can be closed, through the file closing process
- Working closely with the Head of Finance to assist in the review of processes and procedures relating to WIP, disbursement and client balance management - identifying improvements and planning, documenting, implementing and communicating these as required.
- Complete and keep an up to date log of the issues identified as a part of the review and use this log to assist in the writing of policies and training manuals going forward.
- Provide support to Fee Earners and Partners with WIP, disbursement and client balance queries
- Ensure adherence to the Solicitors Accounts Rules at all times
• Strong communication and people skills to effectively build relationships with members of the business and key stakeholders.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Advanced Excel skills - pivots, looks up, spreadsheets
To be considered for this attractive opportunity please apply within.